The temptation to go to a logo design crowdsourcing website that provides instant gratification at a small cost is real. But does instant gratification satisfy the branding needs of a business in the long term?
Branding & Identity
Branding is more than just creating a logo. It is about creating an identity. Online logo generators or design “contest” participants do not take the time to get to know your business, its unique services and challenges. A professional graphic designer not only comes with design experience, but also with the dedication and commitment to understanding what makes your business unique and the audience you are marketing your services to.
What does a professional graphic designer provide?
- Dedicated personal attention. Your designer is dedicated to your project, not to a deadline of quick turnarounds which are not targeted to your specific business.
- Research of industry, competitors and potential clients.
- Sense of place regarding industry, geographical location and audience. Who will see your logo and in what context?
- Creativity in design. Not just an image or a type face, but a comprehensive look and feel.
- Self Critique. Breaks are crucial. Designers take time to let their designs marinate for a while. This gives perspective. A fast turnaround does not allow for time to evaluate and re-create.
- Presentation. You see how your logo will look on your business stationery and other applications. The designer can provide mock-ups to give you a good representation of how your logo will appear in different formats.
There’s so much more to be said on this topic. If you wish to read more, please read these great articles:
- “Why professional logo design does not cost $5.00” by Jacob Cass
- “Seven Reasons to Hire a Graphic Designer” by Visual People.
I hope you found this information helpful and I’d love you help you reach your business goals.